1. Schedule an appointment with Bronzeology! There are many other companies claiming to to provide realistic, sunless tans. I’m sure you have experienced some of them and haven’t been pleased with the streaky, orange look you were left with. Let us prove to you that our customizable solution line is the most natural-looking spray tan available!
2. Skin Preparation. To ensure the most even coverage and to extend the life of your airbrush tan, we recommend you exfoliate thoroughly the day before your appointment. Exfoliating removes any layers of dry, dead skin cells – pay special attention to areas of rough, dry skin such as knees, ankles, elbows and feet. Please do any waxing or shaving at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
3. On Appointment Day. Avoid using deoderant, moisturizer or make-up on appointment day, as these can create a barrier preventing solution from tinting your skin (a little face moisturizer is okay). You can wear as much or as little as you would like when getting sprayed; we want you to be comfortable. Just keep in mind whatever lines you do or don’t want (ie: if you will be wearing a strapless dress, you will want to either go topless or wear a strapless bra for spray tan application). Our solution should not stain your clothing, but we still recommend not wearing your favorite undergarments or clothes to put on when we are done. Loose-fitting, dark clothing is best.
4. The Consultation & Application. The appointment will only take about 15 min from start to finish. Airbrush technician will ask questions regarding what kind of tan you are looking for (subtle glow or fresh-of-the-beach look), as well as evaluate your natural skin tone to decide what combination of solution will suit you best. A light moisturizer will be applied to your hands, feet, knees and elbows prior to tanning solution; this prevents those dry areas from over-absorbing solution. The actual spray tan application takes about 10 minutes and dries almost instantly.
5. Post-Tan Care & Maintenance. You will need to keep solution on for 8-12 hours without showering or sweating; try to stay in loose-fitting clothes as long as possible. During this time the DHA tanning agent will continue to develop and darken. The first time you shower (which should be no longer than 16-18 hours after application), you will notice some color washing off. This is normal and only cosmetic bronzer.
Your Bronzeology tan should last 7-10 days with proper care.
Post-spray tan tips include: avoid long, hot showers, no loofah or washcloth when you shower, keep skin moisturized, avoid soaking in pools, hot tubs, or salt water.